Vesco Heavy Hits Competition
When you take someone out on the court, you'll earn a one-way ticket to the penalty box. Until Sept. 13th, however, videos of those heavy hits could win you big prizes. The 2010 World Wheelchair Rugby Championships is teaming up with our sponsor Vesco Metal Craft to give you a chance to showcase your videos of your best wheelchair rugby hits and win fabulous prizes.
For your efforts, you could win a great prize package that includes:
- $100 cash
- A Vesco hoodie
- A 2010 World Wheelchair Rugby Championships jacket.
- A 2010 World Wheelchair Rugby Championships T-shirt.
- A 2010 World Wheelchair Rugby Championships water bottle.
The entire prize package is worth approximately $275.
How to Enter
- Either film your wheelchair-rugby hit or use footage that you already have.
- You can send the clip unedited or jazz it up with music and special effects. Just make sure that you own the rights to any multimedia that you use.
- Go to the launch video on our website by following this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYDmAFol39Q
- Below the video, you will see a comment box section that says "Respond to this video" in grey. (Note: You may need to click on "view comments and responses to get this box to come up). Click on this box.
- To the side of the box, an icon of a video camera will appear with the words "Attach a Video" in blue. Click on "attach a video."
- Here, you can choose from "Record a Video," "Choose a Video" or "Upload a video."
- Choose your video (either from videos you've already uploaded to Youtube or from ones you've saved on your harddrive) and upload it.
- By uploading your video, you acknowledge that you agree to abide by all contest rules and regulations. (See below).
- Send your friends the link to your entry through email or by the various "share" functions on YouTube so that they can vote for you by clicking "like."
- Questions? Email email@example.com.
How to Vote
- Check out our Launch Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYDmAFol39Q
- If you scroll down through the responses, you will see the entered videos.
- Click on the videos you want to vote for by clicking "like." You can vote for as many videos as you want.
- You will have to sign in to your Youtube account to vote. If you don't have a Youtube account, click here to get one.
- Since our judges will take into consideration the number of comments a video gets as well as the number of "likes," feel free to comment on videos.
- You can subscribe to the 2010WWRC page to get updates on new contest entries by clicking on the yellow "subscribe" button on the top left-hand corner of the 2010WWRC page.
Rules and Regulations
- You must be the owner of the video.
- You may edit the video to add music, sound effects, or other special effects. Remember, however, that you must not violate any copyright restrictions. If, for example, you would like to add music, you should do so using YouTube’s AudioSwap, which allows you to choose from music that YouTube already has permission to. To learn how to use AudioSwap, check out this YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXUowmsluHU
- Heavy hits do not have to have occurred during games.
- By uploading your video, you give the 2010 World Wheelchair Rugby Championships the right to use it in promotional materials or other opportunities.
- Entries will be accepted between July 21st and Sept. 13th. We will announce the winner during halftime of the first game of the 2010 World Wheelchair Rugby Championships on September 20th. Details of this game will be released once the schedule is formally announced.
- By entering, you acknowledge that you are the creator of the video and have read these rules.
- Use your discretion in terms of video length, but remember that shorter videos are more compelling. The maximum length allowed for a YouTube video is 10 minutes.
- Each contestant is allowed unlimited entries.
- Your video should abide by YouTube’s content restrictions and not contain any defamatory statements.
How to Win
From July 21st to September 13th, all videos will be in the general voting round. Contestants should get their friends and family to vote for them by clicking "like" on the video. You can share your video by emailing the link to your family and friends, using the "share" function on Youtube to promote your video over Facebook, or even embed your video on your personal webpage or blog.
On Sept 13th, the videos will be turned over to our panel of judges. The judges will select a winner based on the following criteria:
- Fan votes, views and comments in the general round. (50%)
- Impressiveness of the crash. (40%)
- Video elements (how well the film was shot and put together). (10%)
Our judges will be announced closer to the final round.
July 21st: Contest will begin accepting entries and the general voting round will be open.
Sept 13th: The general voting round will close and the videos will be turned over to the judges.
September 20th: The winner will be announced at halftime of the first game at the 2010WWRC and the clip will be shown.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org